PIZZA DOUGH BALL HANDLING
* 1- The tHAW PROCESS
- from frozen, place the dough in the refrigerator overnight and be sure to cover the dough to avoid drying of the crust (give the dough a light brushing of olive oil to prevent from sticking and keep in an air tight container)
- remove from the fridge and allow dough to thaw at room temperature FOR approximately 2-4 hours (depending on size of dough)
- while the dough proofs at room temperature the key is to keep them covered. there are many ways to cover the dough ball IE, CLEAN DRY TEA TOWEL, CLING WRAP or leave them in the air tight container
- proofing the dough means it needs to double in size before stretching so make sure the container is big enough to allow dough to proof properly
- the longer the proof time THE better the product, however BE sure NOT TO OVER PROOF OR THE DOUGH WILL collapse AND THIS can lead to a gummy tasting crust.
- Tip: FROM FROZEN ALSO DEPENDENT ON SIZE our dough balls sitting at room temperature for 3-6 hours will also be ready to use, AND REMEMBER TO COVER WHILE THEY PROOF
* 2- the STRETCHING
- once dough is properly thawed, it’s ready to use
- flour YOUR surface area and stretch to desired size
- 8 oz + 9 oz stretch to approx 10″-12″ round
- 10 oz stretch to approx. 12″-14″ round
- 20 oz stretch to 14′”-16″ round
- 25 oz stretch to 18″ round
- stretch the dough and create a 1″ crust or raised edge.
- hand stretching is recommended, but if you prefer to use a rolling pin use that
- you may pick up the dough ball and stretch it using the back of your hands. be sure to always have a floured surface to avoid the dough from sticking
- tip: alternatively, can also use oil instead of flour in the stretching process and for baking we recommend using a perforated pizza pan or screen
* 3- the TOPPING
- the order in which to place our toppings to achieve the best pizza is:
- sauce first making sure not to sauce your 1″ edge, spread evenly
- next layer lay your cheese toppings
- the third layer is any meat toppings
- then your vegetables
- tip: sweat off the vegetables before you place them on your pizza, this way no excess moisture is released during the baking process
* 4- the BAKING
- BAKE TIME WILL VARY DEPENDING ON OVEN USED, HOWEVER WHEN the CRUST IS GOLDEN TO DARK BROWN IN COLOUR IT’S READY TO BE TAKEN OUT
- place in pre-heated oven, we recommend high heat
- if using a commercial oven, ready temperature is between 550°F – 575°F, AND CHECK ON YOUR PIZZA 6-7 MINUTES LATER
- wood-burning oven READY TEMPERATURE IS approx. 800°F, CHECK ON YOUR PIZZA A FEW MINUTES LATER
- conventional home oven READY TEMPERATURE IS between 475°F -500°F, CHECK ON YOUR PIZZA 10-12 MINUTES LATER
- the key to making a great pizza is personalizing it exactly how you enjoy it. extend baking times for a crispier crust.
- tip: allow THE pizza to settle for a few minutes before cutting INTO IT, you want to give the cheese and toppings TIME to settle.
- let’s eat……
ENJOY! BUON APPETITO!
Gluten Free DougH BALL HANDLING
MiMi FOODS OFFERS 3 FLAVOURS OF
GLUTEN FREE 300 G PIZZA DOUGH BALLS
* BEETROOT – * CAULIFLOWER – * WHITE
HANDLING and PREPARATION
- When needed, TAKE from freezer and either allow to thaw in FRIDGE overnight (WRAPPED AND COVERED AS TO AVOID THE CRUST FROM DRYING OUT) OR LET THEM THAW AT ambient ROOM TEMP 3-4 BEFORE USE
- WHICH EVER METHOD YOU CHOOSE TO THAW THE DOUGH, PLEASE KEEP IT MIND THAT IT HAS TO STAY COVERED OR WRAPPED
- once dough is thawed AND HAS PROOFED (GROWN IN SIZE) THE dough is ready FOR USE
- FLOUR YOUR SURFACE AND STRETCH OR ROLL AS DESIRED
- TOP with YOUR desired ingredients
* BAKING GUIDELINES BELOW. IF YOU PREFER A CRUNCHIER CRUST, BAKE FOR LONGER
BAKING in a CONVENTIONAL OVEN:
- pizza crust can be placeD directly on oven MIDDLE racks with OR without A pizza screen OR PAN (YOUR CHOICE)
- directly on oven rac AT 375ºF for 8-10 mins
- on pizza screen OR pan AT 400ºF for 8-10 mins
BAKING in a STONE HEARTH COMMERCIAL PIZZA OVEN:
- place pizza crust on pizza screen, as the bottom of crust may burn if placed directly on the baking stone
- oven temperaturE AT 525ºF for 3-5 mins
BAKING in a COMMERCIAL OVEN:
- pizza crust can be placed directly on MIDDLE oven racks
and/or pizza screen
- directly on oven rack AT 350ºF for 3-5 mins
- on pizza screens AT 375ºF for 3-5 mins
How versatile is pizza dough?
below are some menu ideas illustrating just how versatile our pizza dough is. click on our handle and follow us on Instragram @mimifoods for more delicious ideas.
Menu ideas above were created by our talented group of Brand Ambassadors. Follow us on Instagram to see who this special group is.
Need help deciding on what dough ball size to use?
then This video is for you.